Monday, November 13, 2006

 

josjabbers

josjabbers here I go again.
I am going over all the print-outs I received from the free e-line workshop and beginning to get interested in writing again. My friends Lois and Sharon are encouraging me. I have found several avenues of writing I have never considered before. such as non-fiction. I am told there is more money in it than in fiction. I have such an active imagination I don't know if I could handle non-fiction.
Also am going to try my hand at reviewing.
I need to get more organized and do one thing at a time but I keep hopping from one project to another.
I feel guilty about not spending more time on the memoirs I wrote for a gentleman here inLHC he is getting older and would love to to see his story in print. One suggestion I received was to break it up into short stories. I may try to do that. I did one for Guideposts but recieved no answer. Maybe I'll try the memoirs contest again. I think if I could get his story in print then I would feel better about spending time on some of my more favorite projects. I was writing a sequel to Jeremiah's Issue but haven't touched it in months. I guess because I can't get the original published I have kind of lost interest. My eye dr. suggested I put drops for dry eyes in just before I read or write and it has really helped. (Why didn't I think of that?) well wish me luck. I really need to get some cash flow coming in. So far I have received 30 dollars for writing. Talk about the starving artist! JO

Comments:
I love your enthusiasm and willingness to try all aspects of writing. Good luck. As to the gentleman's memoirs, I think now that you've got it written, you've done your part. Do what you can to get it published, but not at the expense of what you want to write. I speak from experience as you know. My friend's story has finally reached 'the end' and I feel free to go back to what I like to write and if my friend's story sells, great. But, I want to write MY stuff. :-) Keep those eyedrops flowing, girl. I think it's wonderful that your eyes are so much better. Take care,
Sharon
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?