Saturday, November 25, 2006

 

josjabbers

josjabbers
Rejection letters upset me. But I did get one from Blooming Tree Press the other day that was kind. since they had published a childen's story of mine in an anthology, I had sent them more of the same genre. the letter stated that I had a unique idea and it is well written with likeable characters but just not right for our list at this time. It made the rounds of our editors, she said
At least they read it.
I met an interesting man at Hastings today in the coffee shop his name is Don and he has been working for Today's News Herald. He has quit and is going back east. He is a reporter and free-lance writer. He was able to give me some pointers on getting published.
I don't usually talk to strangers but I was safe in that evnironment. He said he had seen the writer's group at the thursday meeting and if he were to stay he would probably join. He might have been an asset to the group.
I also submitted a log in to the writer's conference group and got several comments. Maybe when my eyes return to normal and I get my act together I may rejoin the group if they will have me. Don said it is a good idea to belong to some kind of group. all for now JOan

Comments:
Here little girl, didn't your mom tell you not to talk to strange men? :-) Was he handsome? All kidding aside, he sounded interesting. Too bad he left town. Really enjoyed last Thursday. It's it nice that when we get together, we forget about time and just enjoy each other and our stories. Take care and keep on writing,
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?